Why Computer Science is the best major
February 11, 2012
Posted by on
CS is definitely the best major for these reasons:
- Highest starting salary – CS majors regularly get paid anywhere between $75,000 – $90,000 right out of college (Facebook pays as much as $110,000 plus bonuses and options).
- Workplace is super chill – CS companies often have free beer, meals and no dress code. Trust me – it’s freaking awesome (unless you don’t like beer).
- The tech industry is booming - You will be able to find a job a lot easier than your friends.
- It can be pretty low stress - Compared to other jobs, software engineering positions have been continuously rated for their low stress levels.
- Give you a chance to be creative - You will be working on big projects – most companies give a lot of leeway to their developers.
- You can change the world - A lot of CS positions involve working on really big/important projects. On top of that, with your skill set you have the ability to create the next Facebook or Google.
- Chicks dig CS majors - Chicks are attracted by our naturally white skin and fat wallets. Beware of the CS effect on women.